Bulb plant that produces 10" balls of purple flowers on tall, straight stems in late spring.
- » Large 10" in diameter purple flower balls
- » Sweetly scented
- » Highly desired for cut flower arrangements because of their long vase life
- » Blooms in late spring
- » Plant in a tight group for a focal point or scatter
- » Deer, rabbit and rodent resistant
- » Month long blooming
- Hardiness Zone:5-8
- Height:3-4 Feet
- Spread:6-12 Inches
- Bloom Color:Purple Shades
- Foliage Color:Green Shades
Don't let the common name turn you off from this outstanding addition to any garden. While a member of the Onion family, the only crying this plant will cause is tears of joy when you see its fabulous, one of a kind bloom! The large 10" in diameter purple flower balls are actually sweetly scented and a favorite for cut flower arrangements because of their long vase life. These giant purple globes bloom in late spring and add a texture to the garden that no other plant can touch! They are held aloft well above the foliage on strong straight stems that sway slightly in the wind. Plant in a tight group for a focal point or scatter them though your perennial garden for a month long display of deer, rabbit and rodent resistant color.