Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet'
Ice Ballet Swamp Milkweed
- Attracts butterflies and other beneficial insects
- Deeply green, lance-like leaves
- Fragrant white blooms
- Nectar laden blooms attract hummingbirds
- Important host plant for Monarch butterflies
- Makes a long lasting cut flower
- Deer resistant
- Thrives in moist to wet sunny areas
- Category: Perennial
- Breeder: American Beauties Native Plants
- Hardiness Zone:3-9
- Height:3-4 ft
- Spread:1-2 ft
- Bloom Color: White Shades
- Foliage Color: Green Shades
Deep green, lance-like leaves line upright stems that end with flattened masses of lightly fragrant white flowers in early to mid summer. It is perfect for grouping in the back of the garden and thrives in moist to wet areas. This is an essential nectar source for native butterflies and insects.
• Cut Flower/Foliage
• Attracts Butterflies
• Attracts Hummingbirds
• Deer Resistant
• American Beauties Native Plants®
• Full Sun
Growing & Maintenance Tips for Asclepias incarnata ''Ice Ballet''
Swamp milkweed, true to its name, prefers consistently moist soil, but performs admirably in average, well-drained gardens as well. Full sun is best and some shade is tolerated, though blooming time and color may suffer.